Student Ministries Pastor/Director
Fifth Reformed Church
In consultation with the Lead Pastor and Strategic Leadership Team, the Student Ministries Pastor is a spiritual and organizational leader who strives to advance the mission of the church by engaging a relational ministry with middle school, high school, and college students, their friends and classmates.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Lead Pastor.
Spiritual Qualifications and Core Values
Maintain a vital and growing relationship with Christ through the exercise of basic Christian spiritual disciplines including prayer and meditation on scripture.
Demonstrate a high level of moral integrity understanding that personal conduct impacts the larger work and witness of the church.
Collaborate with staff and lay leaders in advancing the mission of Fifth Church.
Maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
Agree to, and abide by, the Staff Team Covenant.
Engage and model an incarnational ministry to the students of Fifth and lead those students in engaging their friends in a similar way.
Oversee all programming related to student ministries including:
a. Sunday morning programming.
b. Youth group programming.
c. Mission trips, retreats and special activities.
d. Annual Profession of Faith class.
3. Recruit and develop adult leaders to serve students by connecting with them through programming opportunities and individual contact work.
4. Pursue engagement with the students of Fifth Church who do not regularly participate in student ministry opportunities.
5. Pursue continuous improvement by seeking feedback from students, adult leaders and parents.
6. Partner with the Children’s Ministries Director and Strategic Leadership Team to coordinate an integrated ministry in line with church-wide
7. Shepherd leaders and volunteers in your orbit of influence.
8. Serve as member of the Strategic Leadership Team (SLT).
9. Function as a pastor of the larger church in partnership with the Lead Pastor.
10. Preach and participate in leadership of worship services on a regular basis.
11. Exert pastoral/relational leadership that adjusts to the needs of the congregation and promptings of the Spirit.
Strong ability to relate to students and to disciple them in an age-appropriate, relational way.
Strong biblical and theological knowledge with corresponding ability to teach the faith and to give thoughtful responses to difficult questions with which students might be wrestling.
Desire to serve in a team-based ministry and demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with a team of paid and volunteer leaders.
Embrace a discipleship-centered strategy of mission with willingness to engage in that personally with the whole church, not just in student ministries alone.
Embrace a biblical world view based on the broad teaching of Reformed theology.
Demonstrate ability to cast vision in ways that inspire others to follow.
Possess a high level of emotional health that is evident in personal interactions.
Possess good relational skills, organizational skills, and communication skills – both verbal and written.
Preferred five years of experience serving on staff in a local church leading student ministry.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in youth ministry or a related field. Preference given to MA or MDiv.